Search This Blog

Friday, July 30, 2010

Autobiography

Hello friends of the cyberspace. I am Partha and this is my first official blog post. I loved biology during my school days and dreamt of becoming a doctor. I cherished that feeling all throughout my higher secondary days and ultimately qualified to join my alma mater - R G Kar Medical College, Kolkata in 1983. Like any new comer to the medical school, slogged Anatomy, mastered the technique of drawing a simple muscle curve with the twitch of the index finger and never understood the complex biochemical structures during the days of my first professional. Second professional was more easy going - bunked classes for reasons best known to me, overslept in the hostel, got interested in college politics and tried to make up for the bunked classes by arranging for extra classes before the exams were due as a part of my duty as the class representative. I felt like a hero! I fell in love with Internal Medicine during my final professional, tried to be a master of murmurs but in vain, never went to the ophthalmology OT but managed to pass out of Medical School. Compulsory Rotatory Internship and Housemanship in Internal Medicine and Cardiology was fun. After a brief stint with the West Bengal Health Services for about an year, I joined PGIMER, Chandigarh for my postgraduate training in oncology. I shifted base to AIIMS thereafter for my Diplomate of National Board and to gather larger experience. I did some basic and clinical research along with active patient management during my days in AIIMS. I decided to move out of AIIMS and joined Max Healthcare as a consultant oncologist in 2003. Now I am on the verge of joining as the Chief of South East Asia operations of Healthcare Global Enterprises from March 2010 onwards. It has not been a smooth sailing throughout but with God's grace and your blessings I have been able to make it this far. I seek all your best wishes and blessings to succeed in my new venture.

1 comment:

  1. Good one. Please throw some light on telomerase and Hayflick limit.

    ReplyDelete